We love beautiful hosiery and we truly believe that it is one of the most enjoyable things you can buy and receive as a gift.
The selection of tights and stockings is huge these days, but we hope our guide can make your selection a little easier. When buying, it is worth paying attention to the following parameters:
Technically, the denier refers to the weight (ie thickness) of the yarn from which the hosiery is woven (1 denier means 9,000 meters of yarn weighs 1 gram). In general, the lower the denier, the more transparent the look and the more delicate the pantyhose. Some products, however, may appear to be more transparent than their bottom would indicate – good news as it means the product is stronger than it looks!
Ultra thin: Less than 10 denier
Ultra-thin hosiery is ideal for achieving the effect of bare legs. Available in a wide range of denim and shades. Most ultra-thin tights and stockings do not have a reinforced toe area, making them suitable for use with open-toed shoes.
Thin 10-20 denier
Thin tights and stockings are a must-have item in every woman’s drawer. Like ultra-thin, they are available in a wide range of colors, thicknesses, and finishes. Since they have a slightly higher denier, they are more practical for everyday use. We offer beautiful tights and stockings up to 20 den with subtle decorations
Semi-opaque 21-40 denier
This hosiery are stronger and more durable than those with a lower bottom. The leg will be more covered but still visible.
Covering 41 and above
These tights, stockings give the legs complete coverage. We offer great opaque tights for colder days.
We usually choose tights based on height, weight, and hip circumference, while the length of the foot and crotch height will be needed when choosing stockings.
If we choose too small stockings, it may turn out that:
a) the stocking is too tight, which may cause the lace of the cuff to withstand it
b) the silicone that holds the stocking on the leg does not withstand too much tension in the stocking, which causes the stocking to slip off the leg
c) the stockings will wear quickly in the area of the toes
d ) a small puff will result in a larger bite
e) we will form the so-called bun on the inside of the thigh (especially in the case of a narrow cuff)
If we choose too large stockings, they may wrinkle unsightly.
It is also worth answering the following questions:
1. For what circumstance do I buy the stockings / tights?
to the bedroom
for a weekend trip – to be worn during the day
for an evening party / event
for a special occasion (e.g. wedding)
2. What style would look good?
3. In what style will the entire outfit be complemented by stockings / tights?
4. In black or in more natural tones?
5. Belt stockings and self-supporting stockings are perfect for intimate moments and romantic occasions.
6. Size selection is very important, but not difficult. Sizes are available on the page of each product, you can also take a look at our stocking size charts or pantyhose size charts
7. If you still hesitate, we recommend the Amouss Collection 20 DEN hold-ups. They are beautiful, original, always desirable, women love them, men cannot take their eyes off them, they are also a perfect romantic gift!